Planning a wedding may sound exciting but it can prove to be overwhelming at the same time. You may have dreamt of doing all the arrangements for your special day but when it comes to doing it becomes something that you want to do well for your partner also. To make your perfect and make memories for a lifetime, you need to put in a lot of effort as the list of tasks is long. There are so many things to take care of that sometimes it gets messy for the one who is planning it. To make it smooth here we are with this countdown by month that will help you stay on schedule and make your wedding planning a cakewalk for you as well as your family.
Here’s how you can start!
1 to 2 Years Before The Wedding
- Announce your relationship or engagement to your near and dear ones
- Look for a feasible date as well as the time of your wedding
- Review the duties of the bride, groom, and other family members
- Decide on the style of your wedding—traditional or modern; intimate or large gathering
- How many functions?
- Determine a budget
- Create a filing/organizational system for wedding paperwork.
- Decide on the size of the guest list and number of attendants
- Meet with family members to discuss plans and the division of expenses
- Decide whether to hire a wedding planner
- Start looking for venues for all the functions but always start with the wedding venue as there are certain beautiful banquet halls in Kapashera, Dwarka Delhi that get booked a year in advance. So book as early as you can
- Begin inquiring about wedding vendors, including the caterer, decorator photographer, and musicians
- Research honeymoon options and destinations
9-12 Months Before the Wedding
- Start looking for your wedding lehenga and other functions outfits
- Book the desired wedding professionals and keep in contact with them by communicating your desires
- Create a master guest list. Pen down all the names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of all guests
- Make room reservations for the guests if needed
- If desired, create a wedding website
6-9 Months Before the Wedding
- Order favours or giveaways for your bridesmaids
- Get your invitations, announcements, personal stationery, and other printed accessories and invitation enclosures designed
- Select the groom’s wedding as well as other functions’ attire; schedule an appointment for it if necessary.
- Help your mother and other family member choose and coordinate their outfits for all the other functions
- Plan/reserve accommodations and activities for out-of-town guests and attendants as necessary
- Choose your wedding menu and the type of food-and-beverage service that you want your guests to enjoy
3-6 Months Before the Wedding
- Get your save-the-date designed and sent to your final guest list notices if necessary (or earlier)
- Apply for or renew your passports if necessary.
- Get your wedding invitations and announcements designed and sent after a month of sending save the dates
- Make the remaining decisions about the ceremony and other functions
- Choose gifts for your attendants and each other.
- Select/order your engagement rings; have the rings engraved if you want to
1-3 Months Before the Wedding
- Start to notify banks, employers, and other agencies and organizations of name and/or address changes
- Visit the venue site with the manager and decorator to plan the setup’s lighting, acoustics, and air circulation
- Choose the linens and place settings. Coordinate the wedding venues mahipalpur décor and the floral centrepieces with your decorator, the venue manager, and the caterer
- Have the final fitting of your wedding lehenga and other functions outfits
- Have your pre-wedding shoot done
- Assemble and mail your wedding invitations six to eight weeks before wedding date
- Apply for and obtain your marriage license.
- Reconfirm your honeymoon plans; pay the final deposits as required and make all the required bookings
- Do any shopping for your “going away” outfit and honeymoon
- Make hair, nail, and spa appointments as necessary.
- Select music for your sangeet and cocktail
- Hire a choreographer for your sangeet performances and start rehearsing with your family and friends
- Start shopping for your trousseau
In the Final Weeks Before the Wedding!
The weeks before the Big Day are sure to be busy, so don’t forget to check these items off your list:
- Finalize the décor for all the functions
- Have final consultations with the caterer (headcount) and other professionals as necessary
- Get done with your pre-wedding parties: showers, bridesmaids’ luncheon, bachelor or bachelorette party
- Prepare a list of any guests for all the special ceremonies
- Prepare a list of “must-have” photos or videos and share it with your wedding photographer
- Pack for the honeymoon as well as the new life
- Make all the final arrangements for the day of the wedding
- And lastly- enjoy your wedding! Soak it all in, and have a great time with your family, friends, and perhaps most importantly, your partner and make memories for the lifetime
Hope this guide helps!