How to fix LG TV Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi: Without Wi-Fi in your TV streaming experience comes to a standstill. It is possible that you have difficulties with connecting the LG TV to the internet in the event that your Wi-Fi connection isn’t visible in your television. If it does, you’ll receive a “Unable to join” error message.
There are some simple troubleshooting procedures that can be used by many So, there’s no need to worry about it. Sometimes, simply restarting the Wi-Fi router will fix the issue. In addition, you can attempt to eliminate the interference to increase the strength of network signals.
How to Fix LG TV Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi?
The first step is to try switching off your LG TV prior to proceeding to the fix. Sometimes an easy restart could resolve the Wi-Fi connectivity issue for your device. Turn off the TV and disconnect your cable to the source of power. After waiting about 10 to 15 minutes, attempt to reconnect the cable.
Turn on your TV, and try connecting to the internet. When the Power Cycling TV fails to work, try the solutions listed below.
Reboot Wi-Fi Router
Most of the time, we don’t shut off our Wi-Fi routers for long periods of duration. Therefore, if it needs restarting, it may result in connectivity issues. It is possible to experience issues like Internet slowing down, Wi-Fi not connecting instantly as well as not being connected to your device in any way.
One of the most basic ways to troubleshoot solutions to this issue is restarting the Wi-Fi device. It is possible to unplug the network router, or even modem to the power outlet. After that, you should leave it for at least 15 to 50 minutes. You can reconnect it after a few minutes and let it sit until it establishes an internet connection. It is possible to connect to the Wi-Fi network once more.
Improve Wi-Fi Signal Strength
A bad network may be the reason the LG TV won’t display Wi-Fi. You can therefore improve the Wi-Fi signal’s strength with these tips.
You can test your speed of your internet connection by conducting a speed test on your television. Enter your fast.com URL into your TV and then wait until the results are displayed.
Usually 5 GHz is the preferred frequency to provide a better experience with streaming on devices. It is however, 2.4 GHz is recommended for LG TV as 5 GHz is more susceptible to interference. Try setting the network bandwidth to 2.4 GHz.
If you’ve connected multiple different devices on the same network it could cause congestion. Therefore, you should remove Wi-Fi connections from devices that are not being used.
Disable Quick Start Feature
Certain LG TV models come with this feature that allows you to begin the TV fast. In this mode your TV will remain on standby in order to speed up the time required to get the TV up and running. But, it could result in an “Wi-Fi is OFF” error message being displayed on your TV. Another solution to resolve the issue of Wi-Fi not connecting on an LG TV is to disable the Quick Start. You can connect to the internet after you have turned off the Quick Start.
Follow the steps listed below:
- On the remote, press on the Settings button.
- Go to All Settings> General
- Choose Quick Start
- Choose the off option and restart your television
Deactivate Simplink Feature
Simplink allows the remote on your TV to control a connected Blu-Ray player. While the Simplink feature can be beneficial for making the LG TV more intelligent however, it could cause issues at times. Therefore, you should disable the feature to investigate why Wi-Fi is not connecting to the LG TV. After you have disabled the Wi-Fi feature are able to reboot your television. Try reconnecting to Wi-Fi.
Follow the steps below:
- Click the Settings button on the Remote.
- Choose All Settings> General
- Go to Simplink (HDMI-CEC)
- Choose Off
- You must restart your TV
Adjust Time and Date
A mistake in the date or time of your television could impact the internet connection. Particularly for Wi-Fi routers with an expiration date of lease. So, you can change the date and the time to match the time of the router. Instead of manually setting it opt for the auto-set option to set the dates and times. It should fix the issue of Wi-Fi not connecting on your TV.
Find out how to do it in the following article:
- Press the Settings button on the remote, navigate to All Settings.
- Open General
- Choose Time & Date
- Select the Set Automaticallyoption
If you’ve selected a different network on the LG TV, your TV might not recognize WiFi networks. Therefore, you should change the settings to the current place. You will see the Wi-Fi network on the TV after that.
Follow the steps in the following:
- To activate the LG TV remote click the Home/SMART button
- Go to Settings > All Settings > General
- Choose Location
- Select LG Services country and choose the preferred location.
Change DNS Settings
Sometimes, DNS server errors can result in the device not being able to connect to Wi-Fi. In this case you can change to the DNS server’s address to Google DNS server, or another server. Because Google DNS servers are public and widespread, we’ve listed the steps to follow below.
- For the LG TV remote you can press Home on your LG TV remote. Press the Home button.
- Go to Settings
- Select All Settings > Network
- Select Wi-Fi connection
- Open Advanced Wi-Fi Settings and click Edit
- On Auto-Setting On Set Automatically, click at the checkbox to Uncheck it.
- Make sure you highlight in the DNS Server box, then enter 184.108.40.206
- Then, click Connect
Connect Through WPS Pin
If you’re LG TV still can’t connect to Wi-Fi, you may connect with this WPS pin code that is found in Network Settings. If your pin code choice code greyed out, connect with Wireless Network and try these steps.
Take a look at the steps below:
- On your remote, hit on the Settings button.
- Go to All Settings > Network
- Choose Wi-Fi Connections > Connect WPS PIN
Manually Update LG TV Software
Because, without internet access it is impossible to update the software on your own however, you can do the update by hand. If there are problems with the TV which are causing Wi-Fi connectivity issues or problems, updating could fix it. Additionally, the latest updates may also come with improvements and bug fixes.
Before you begin,
- You’ll require a PC with internet access.
- It is a USB Flash Drive having 1 GB or more storage
Follow the steps listed below.
- On your computer visit the Software and Drivers page
- After that, click Search by Model, type your LG TV model, and then choose the model of your TV.
- From the options you can download the zip file for the most recent version of software.
- Connect an USB flash drive to your computer
- Create an new folderon USB Drive and name it LG_DTV
- Then, right-click on the downloaded Zip file and select Extract the entire file into the LG_DTV folder on your USB drive.
- Once you have extracted, will be able to take the USB Drive out of the USB Drive
- Remove from the USB drivefrom the PC and plug it in your LG TV.
- When you are USB Update ready then click Install.
- Follow the prompts screen to complete the process.
Important: You must compulsorily label your LG_DTV folder with a name. If you name your folder in a different way it won’t be detected by your TV it when it searches for updates to software.
Contact Internet Service Provider
You could try connecting to the Mobile Hotspot to test if your TV is able to connect to any other networks. If it is able to connect, it is a problem with the Wi-Fi. You can then reach out to the Internet Service Provider to report the issue. Additionally, you will find out if the Internet is down or in maintenance.
You may ask them these questions while speaking with them.
- Check whether you’ve reached the end of your Internet subscriptionmight be over.
- Ask them to unblock your LG TV’s Mac Address. (You have to take your Mac address from About This TV first)
Reset to Initial Settings
After you have tried all the solutions after trying the various fixes, you are able to change your device back to Original Settings if you continue to encounter problems. Resetting your TV will reset its settings back to the default mode. Once you’ve completed the process, proceed to the on-screen procedure to configure your TV. Next, connect to the Wi-Fi once more.
Take a look at the steps below:
- To activate the LG TV remote click the Home/SMARTButton
- Navigate to your Gear Icon (Settings) in the upper-right corner.
- Choose General > Reset to Initial Settings
Contact Repair Center
Contact to the LG TV repair center if the problem persists. There may be internal issues with the hardware that require an expert to look into the issue.